Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Attitude

It's January 1, 2009 and I know many people are elated to see 2008 end. It was a very tough year for me and my family, but there were plenty of bright spots, too. I would categorize last year as "transitional," with lots of changes, challenges and learned lessons.

One of the most significant lessons I learned was about my health and ongoing depression (since my transplant; it worsened over time). I'll be posting about that on this blog over the next few weeks - many, or most, transplant patients (and people with other chronic illnesses) struggle with the blues in some fashion and perhaps reading about my experiences will prove helpful, in a what-not-to-do way.

I look forward to 2009 with a new attitude, with optimism and hope, reflecting on the message I discovered in a fortune cookie:

"Your path may be difficult, but will be rewarding."

Photo credit: Radu Andrei Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope all your dreams come true =)